- About Me
- Collecting used model diecast vehicles
- Contact Us
- Diecast Restoration
- Tri-ang, Spot-On, fiat Multipla restoration
- Budgie Bedford TK’s
- Matchbox Lotus Europa born again
- Merlin A100, diecast jeep restoration
- Audi Quattro
- Commer ice cream van restoration
- Quick Fix #1
- Aston Martin DB7 refurbishment
- Corgi, Mercedes Pullman 600 renovation
- Removing Corgi diecast wheels
- Quick fix #2
- Removing Chrome from plastic parts
- Saico BMW repair
- Quick Fix #3
- Replacing, Matchbox Superfast axles
- Matchbox MG 1100 restoration
- Budgie, Motorway coach restoration
- Bburago, Prima Giugiaro, restoration
- Corgi Rover SD1, restoration
- Matchbox Daimlar ambulance restored
- Majorette Renault 4 restoration
- Matchbox K6 pick-up truck repair
- Diecast restoration tools & equipment
- Franklin Mint 1930 Duesenberg J Derham Tourster custom repaint
- Quick fix #4
- Corgi Ford Thunderbird, restoration
- Modellers paint stripping guide
- Quick Fix #5
- Recent diecast renovations & conversions
- Taking pictures & dioramas
- Customs and Conversions
- Tanzara Pickup
- VW trailer project
- Custom Dinky Hudson led sled
- Matchbox Faun Crane to Pickfords heavy mover conversion
- Husky, Ford F-series custom conversion
- Corgi Commer Karrier, with a twist
- Salvaged from scrap
- Corgi, Chevrolet Astro 1
- Corgi Ford Thames pick-up project
- Matchbox Faun crane to Maz 537 conversion
- Matchbox Dodge generator truck project
- Wargames vehicle projects
- Plastic & metal kits
- Scenery & buildings
- Trains and railway layouts
- Tri-ang Hornby track type history
- DCC wiring for model train beginners
- My model railway projects
- Triang low loader conversion
- Gn15 narrow gauge, model railway
- My model railway projects, buildings and scenery
- The layout
- Model railway, renovations and conversions
- Knightwing shunter projects
- Featured pages
- Scale figures & wargames
- Robo Gear
- Orc’s & Goblins
- Knights & Castles
- 1:21 scale, Eaglemoss, Doctor Who figures
- 1:32 and 1:35 scale figures
- Action figures
- Making stickers and decals
- A question of scale
- Pressed Steel toys, restoration and collecting
It’s been a while since I have done any vehicle kits and possibly a while before I do many more, but that said any progress I do make will be added to this page, I now have a large stack of kits that need making and really must get around to some of them .
One of my favourite trucks is the AEC Matador
This one I did a while ago and has survived three house moves, adapted for civilian use, the main adaptions was removing the hatch on the roof and adding glass to the windows.
This has yet to have decals and more detailing to be added.
The building and scenery in the background of the picture is part of a diorama I did last year, to see more Click Here
I had found this AEC at a local classic truck show about 5 years ago.
I am going to adapt the AEC kit using these pictures to make the recovery truck in the picture above.
My next kit is this Airfix Saracen APC with a green colour scheme.
Basic painting done
This section hasn’t really been updated much as I have had so many other projects on the go, but now I need to get kit building, the main reason is I am building a small model railway layout but part of it will be a military museum and vehicle display area, hence the need for 1:76 scale models.
A few recent kits I’ve acquired are below.
The first is a Matchbox kit from the seventies, I’ve been after this for a while and lucky enough to find one.
Next a make I’ve not used before JB models, I have two from them so will report back what I think.
So do come back and see how I get on with them.